The role of tooth implantation
The implants are used to replace the entire tooth and its root for this is the most innovative and effective tool when replacing the missing teeth. The various impantation techniques and procedures have been in everyday use in dentistry for over fifty years but in the recent years observes can experience a more significant improvement in the trade. In the modern dentistry the implants are produced of tissue-friendly, extremely clean and allergen-free titanium.
The implants is practically an artificial tooth root which is built in the jaw bone by the dentist and after ossification (2 – 3 months) an artificial tooth, a bridge or a crown is to be set on it. Having applied this procedure the replacement will be fully able to take over the function of the genuine tooth. Since the replacement are very similar to the genuine teeth the laymen will not identify the difference.
The tooth implantation
- repairs the speaking ability and the sound formation;
- repairs the mastication and with its improvement the stomach and digestion problems ease;
- gives a comfortable feeling and it fits totally in the mouth without the feeling of a false line of teeth;
- improves the aesthetics of the face;
- keeps the proper anatomy of the jaw; and
- the patient may win back the youngish face, his or her self-reliance and may smile happily with a totally new line of teeth.
Conditions precluding the possibility of an implantation
- problems in haematogenesis, blood coagulation, haemophilia;
- inflammation on the place of the jaw to where the implant would be built in;
- serious diabetes;
- extreme smoking and alcohol consuming;
- bad mouth hygiene (e.g. caries, paradentitis);
- use of certain medicines (bisphosphonats).
Advantages of implantation
- over 98% of implantations are successful;
- the patient is able to chew and feel the taste of food;
- an implantation can be made in the age of 18 and over;
- if the chewing tooth is missing a bridge, a fixed replacement can be made instead of a partial prosthesis;
- if the patient does not have teeth at all the dentist can make a prosthesis which does not move away when eating and chewing and it has a feeling of that of the natural teeth;
- it gives a comfortable feeling when speaking or eating;
- it fits into the mouth perfectly;
- the patient does not need to have a removable denture.
The implantation process in ArtDent Dentistry Clinic in Budapest
Before the operation we plan the area where the implant is going to be installed in. Next we plan and decide the dimensions of the „nest” form based on the CT picture. This picture shows the density, quality and form of the jaw bone for this will also decide the dimensions of the implant.
The operation is executed in local anaesthetics. First the previously planned „nest” of the implant is to be made then we put the implant in the „nest”. After the operation the „nest” is stitched up. The suture will be taken out in 7-10 days.
Patient’s duties before and after tooth implantation
- inform your dentist of all of your illnesses and medicine consumation;
- the movement of the jaw shall be minimized;
- after the operation sports and physical load are to be avoided;
- the oparated surface shall be cooled with an ice pack;
- do not eat and drink until feels the effect of anaesthesia;
- do not drink coffee, tea and alcohol and do not smoke;
- the week after the operation do not drink fat milk, do not eat yogurt, kephir or other dairy product, avoid eating hard and very spicy food;
- keep in mind the proper oral hygiene (e.g. continuous mouth rinse, tooth wash, super floss, etc.)
Visit our clinic for a personal interview or a consultation and our learned dentists will give you every important information. Call us today!
I do not understand why my classmates are scared of the dentist. I think dr. Varajti is cool, I often do not even wish to leave the chair in his clinic. His fish are also very...
During the oral hygiene advice sessions I have often heard „if you had teeth like this, then…” but I have never thought that the type of one’s teeth is very decisive for using the right method...
Dr. Varajti is friendly, patient and explains everything in a way which is understandable for the patients. I was also impressed by the modern equipment of the clinic where any examination could be carried out locally. During...
I liked dr. Varajti at first sight. He radiated calmness and self-confidence which was contagious. In the past I dreaded to sit in the dentist’s chair in advance so I postponed every visit until the problem...
At last a place where all dental services are offered at the same location, so no more queueing. After the treatment I could return to London as soon as next afternoon. To be honest, I did...
I chose and visited dr. Varajtai one year ago as I have learned that the first consultation extends to a free full- scale examination, oral cavity screening for cancer, oral hygiene advice and the drafting of...
I have been postponing for years to have my wisdom tooth extracted as I was afraid of the operation. It will pass, next year, it really does not hurt so much – I kept on saying...
A few days ago I visited ArtDent clinic. I was in urgent need of finding a dental clinic quickly and I asked my acquaintances who recommended it as a sure place. Considering the situation, it was...
I have been thinking for a long time about having an implant and as a number of my acquaintances had unfavourable experiences with it, I kept putting it off. Later I have meet dr. Varajti in...
The first step to a healthy and an aesthetical smile
Send us your complete finding, dental x-ray and write us the exact problem you’re experiencing as detailed as possible in order to speed up the diagnosis. After receiveing your e-mail we provide you a free dental quote of the possible treatments. Of course, the information you submit is treated with the greatest discretion. We will review the submitted material , and after a free online consultation we prepare a preliminary treatment plan for you according to your x-ray.