Aesthetic inlays and onlays
In some cases the dentist has to fill such a big hole in a tooth that no aesthetic filling material or filling method can meet the requirements, for instance in the case of a tooth after a root treatment. The dentist will use an inlay or onlay on the tooth.
An inlay/onlay is a prosthesis formed after its cavity has been shaped and sampling taken and the final structure is performed by the dental mechanic in a lab. One advantage of the inlay against the filling is the more precise shape since an inlay is made in a lab. This accuracy gives a better anatomical shape to the tooth, so ensures its function and the mastication ability of the patient, too.
The material of inlays is gold, aesthetical ceramics or artificial/synthetic material.
When is it required to make a dental inlet?
- After a change of a big amalgam filling;
- In the case of a broken tooth;
- If the tooth is decayed in a great extent;
- If the shape of the tooth does not meet the requirements.
The advantages of employing an inlay
- It can be safely secured;
- Its lifespan can be multiple of that of the traditional filling because it ensures a most adequate side closing;
- It saves the remaining living tooth tissues;
- It is not required to rub off the teeth when applied;
- It helps to save the remaining part of the tooth and it is not required to pull it out and replace;
- It is entirely aesthetic;
- It can be produced for more teeth at the same time;
- It is extraordinarly exact so it gives a comfortable feeling in the mouth;
- It is possible to reproduce the genuine shape an contour of the tooth;
- It does not cause allergy;.
- A contact point system (the contact with the opposite teeth) can be made more precisely than in the case of a traditional tooth filling.
A tooth inlay is manufactured in our Budapest dental clinic
- After the local anaesthetization the dentist removes the decaying part of the tooth and forms the hollow to hold the inlet. This is an extremely precise work because the inlet has to be easily put in its place and there would be no gap between the inlay and the walls of the hollow.
- An impression is made of the prepared tooth then the multi-layered porcellaininlay/onlay is manufactured in the dental lab.
- The dentist give the inlay a try and if everything is alright, he glues the inlay in the hollow. The result is an aesthetical and long lasting tooth inlay.
I do not understand why my classmates are scared of the dentist. I think dr. Varajti is cool, I often do not even wish to leave the chair in his clinic. His fish are also very...
During the oral hygiene advice sessions I have often heard „if you had teeth like this, then…” but I have never thought that the type of one’s teeth is very decisive for using the right method...
Dr. Varajti is friendly, patient and explains everything in a way which is understandable for the patients. I was also impressed by the modern equipment of the clinic where any examination could be carried out locally. During...
I liked dr. Varajti at first sight. He radiated calmness and self-confidence which was contagious. In the past I dreaded to sit in the dentist’s chair in advance so I postponed every visit until the problem...
At last a place where all dental services are offered at the same location, so no more queueing. After the treatment I could return to London as soon as next afternoon. To be honest, I did...
I chose and visited dr. Varajtai one year ago as I have learned that the first consultation extends to a free full- scale examination, oral cavity screening for cancer, oral hygiene advice and the drafting of...
I have been postponing for years to have my wisdom tooth extracted as I was afraid of the operation. It will pass, next year, it really does not hurt so much – I kept on saying...
A few days ago I visited ArtDent clinic. I was in urgent need of finding a dental clinic quickly and I asked my acquaintances who recommended it as a sure place. Considering the situation, it was...
I have been thinking for a long time about having an implant and as a number of my acquaintances had unfavourable experiences with it, I kept putting it off. Later I have meet dr. Varajti in...
The first step to a healthy and an aesthetical smile
Send us your complete finding, dental x-ray and write us the exact problem you’re experiencing as detailed as possible in order to speed up the diagnosis. After receiveing your e-mail we provide you a free dental quote of the possible treatments. Of course, the information you submit is treated with the greatest discretion. We will review the submitted material , and after a free online consultation we prepare a preliminary treatment plan for you according to your x-ray.